Monday, 18 May 2009

Contemplating resilience

I have discovered how to change the day on my blog so that I no longer feel as though  I am living in the past in some strange way.  I can now title each blog in a manner that is more relevant to the content.  It always worried me to be blogging in the past.
I have some news of the garden (all good) but I feel compelled to add something about how and why I am here, in Kapunda, and becoming more self sufficient by the week.  There are a lot of blogs and websites that can tell one how to live their lives, grow their vegetables and manage their lives,  but I want to say something about how and why I have been working towards self-sufficiency for most of my life.  
I don't get any comments,  so I can do this in any way that I choose...  should I begin from the beginning,  or work my way back through a maze of gardens, climates, people and learning that I have been lucky enough to have as teachers?   And then there are the bits and pieces of wisdom, skills, recipes and information that have contributed to my resilience... I hardly know where to begin.
Tomorrow... history.

3 comments:

Fiona (posts by her mum and dad) said...

I can't wait, but hey...what do you mean you don't get comments...here's mine.
Thank you fro the lovely blog about your gatden, I love the pictures and the advice. We put our eggplant and cukes in yesterday as well as a few corn plants. Hopefully we'll have some good veggies when you are here in teh fall.
Love,
Louise

Fiona (posts by her mum and dad) said...

I can't wait, but hey...what do you mean you don't get comments...here's mine.
Thank you fro the lovely blog about your gatden, I love the pictures and the advice. We put our eggplant and cukes in yesterday as well as a few corn plants. Hopefully we'll have some good veggies when you are here in teh fall.
Love,
Louise

John L said...

That's a good way to increase the number of comments - put them in twice.