Monday, 11 May 2009

Monday

I had another busy week that went on to Saturday and a conference about strategic issues for councils.  
As I was leaving early Frday morning,  I finally saw the bronzewing pigeon on one of the trees in the backyard.  It was a dull grey morning,  so the colours aren't very well shown.  I did take a couple of pictures (as I walked out to the car) and these are the best of them...  they show the size and shape of the bird,   but if it's hanging around I'll get some better ones I hope.

The vegetables haven't done much... though we did have kale with our dinner last night.  I often think about Michael Pollan's statement from his book (In Defense of Food,)  "eat vegetables, mostly leaves" and we do.  Less seeds, more leaves.
Today I will need to pull some weeds, especially sour sobs.  It doesn't take long for them to get ahead of you.  Missing a couple of days weeding after a bit of rain shows how fast they can grow.

Photographs taken a few days ago when the sun was shining....  I love these cactus plants, particularly when they flower,  but even now the stems look lovely too.


No comments: