Monday, 31 August 2009

Mothers and babies for Fiona

This morning I went to the launch of a Barossa Infrastructure Ltd launch of a pipe network that will use reclaimed water for the irrigation of vines. Penny Wong made her speech, the local dignitaries were acknowledged (even LRC councillors) and photographers had a field day... and then the minister's car had to be un-bogged! It had rained, and the ground was boggy and slippery... she was not amused.
My car (the van) was a bit slidy also, so I got a push as well.

On the way home, I detoured to see a couple of properties that are involved in development applications this week... killing two birds with one stone.
These lambs were quite near the Roseworthy school, and while not friendly, were used to people walking along the street and didn't take off when I got out of the car, as many of the larger flocks do.

Dear Fiona,
I saw these lambs with their mothers.
All of the lambs had dark brown faces and legs....
They were eating and eating and eating! They will grow fast.
Love from Nanna Jane

2 comments:

Fiona (posts by her mum and dad) said...

the photo is on the wall of her room.

Jane said...

I'll get to see it soon!