Monday, 17 August 2009

Three small paintings

Yesterday was the opening of an exhibition of paintings at the Burra Regional Art Gallery for SALA. The exhibition was to be themed.... about "light." I have been wanting to paint some subjects using candle light ever since I saw very old paintings that were obviously done that way.
Here are three small paintings that are hung in the Burra Gallery for this exhibition.
Not the best photograph, but all that I have. They are propped up on the kitchen sink.
I will paint two more images before I leave for Louise's....
1. An exhibition in Peterborough in October, for which the theme is "My story"
2. The Kidman Art Show in Kapunda

2 comments:

Fiona (posts by her mum and dad) said...

I can't wait to se your "My Story" entry. You'll need a big canvas!
Love
Louise
PS I love the candlelight ones.

Jane said...

One of these has sold, but I don't know which one.