Thursday, 10 September 2009

Today's harvest.

It is warm outside today and some of the leafy green vegetables are wilting... already!
I have been out to collect the vegetables, though I haven't decided how we'll eat them yet.
There is one and a half pounds of

  • broccoli, though this is mostly side shoots now (including some of the ancient Roman ones) 
  • 8oz potatoes, 
  • 4 medium sized leeks, 
  • a bunch of spring onions, 
  • a bunch of coriander, 
  • a handful of broad beans (and these handfuls are getting bigger) and 
  • four eggs.
I pulled out quite  a few silver beet (swiss chard) plants and gave them to the chickens... we should have good eggs next week, with dark yolks, as usual.
Our dinner choices are eggs and vegetables, cooked as a frittata OR chicken curry (I have some chicken meat in the freezer) with rice and stirfried vegetables.
Whatever we have, I know what the vegetable dish will contain!

No comments: