Sunday, 18 October 2009

October 17th... 20th anniversary of Loma Prieta

As I mentioned yesterday,   today is the 20th anniversary of the Loma Prieta earthquake.  I began write about what I remember (and I remember it very well)  but, not only did I not attend the downtown event, I decided that as it was such a beautiful day,  Fiona and I would go for a walk along West Cliff Drive to see the surfers and the ocean... much more pleasant!  If another earthquake comes along,  I'll know what to do!


First of all, I cleaned the living room.  Fiona didn't want to help,  but she did pick up the toys on the floor of her room, so we got two jobs done at once!
The washing basket contains all of the toys from the living room floor.  Luna has had enough...  cleaning up is exhausting!



I finally cleaned up the mess from the storm last week too... we can now walk out the door without sliding around on leaves from the tree at the front of the house... they blew all over the place during the storm....




... and the "bath area" is organised as well.




No nap today, but eventually we decided to go for a walk down by the lighthouse.




We stopped to watch the surfers at Steamer's Lane.  
Some are more elegant than others!  All good to watch though.


This is the end of the summer, when the water must surely be at its warmest,  but still everyone wears a wet suit.


I saw only one woman among all of that crowd.



The gulls were watching also...


...Fiona watched from the railing...


... and the sea lions watched NOISILY from their rock.



























No comments: