Monday, 9 November 2009

Brisbane, with added photos.

Here I am,  at Alex and Chris's place in Brisbane,  and I'm not even sure what day it is.   I left San Jose on Saturday afternoon,  waited in Los Angeles for a flight that left at ten minutes to midnight on Saturday, and then had dinner,  flew all night and arrived in Brisbane at ten minutes to eight on Monday morning.  I don't know where Sunday went!
I took these photographs as we taxied to take off in San Jose...  I really like them.





I will add to this later... Kapunda garden has not only become a travel diary,  but it is now a daily serial and travel saga.
Meanwhile,  news from home is that the long hot spell is not over... and the garden is looking the worse for wear.  I'll see it for myself at the end of the week.  The "Roseworthy" temperature (closest to Kapunda, and cooler if anything) is 38C again today (about 102F) and that is spring!  Just wait for the summer.
At Chris and Alex's place....
Chris was there when I arrived....



Eventually,   when Alex came home,  they gave me a demonstration of talking across the living room on the phone to each other!  (They can also text across the room!)   They both have the same brand of mobile phone and it is therefore free!!!  You had to see it to believe it! (Sorry about the fuzzy photo,  but you can get the idea.)



While making coffee,  I was reading the fridge, as you do....  and for those who remember,  look at the photograph at the bottom....

..... it's here....  and taken in Santa Cruz!



Alex has made a fruit fly trap.  They are all over the place here at this time of the year.  He followed the instructions given online, and then improved it with the paper funnel.   It works very well...

... and so my travelogue continues....

3 comments:

John L said...

It'a better than writing to each other. You have to go out to post it and then wait several days for a reply.

Fiona (posts by her mum and dad) said...

I love the fly trap...but the karma!
Love
Louise

Anonymous said...

I tried to accept the fruitflys as a part of the household. But they are eating all my fruit before I get a chance to.