Sunday, 8 November 2009

Friday night and Saturday morning






This is the view from Arroyo Seco where we walked down to the winery/brewery spot on the Westside yesterday aftenoon....  tasted wines, caught up with friends and "hung out at the brewery" for my last afternoon in Santa Cruz.
On the way,  Fiona always stops to see the horse on the sidewalk...  one that I was unaware of until she pointed it out....


At the winery, we met Cynthia, Jerry and Jackie and Inez, along with quite a few of Louise and Devon's friends... it was fun,  but ended up fairly cod,  so we went on to the local pub for dinner, near Safeway,  and different from pubs at home,  though pretty nice,  I must say!

Later in the evening, Devon, Louise and I and another friend of theirs went to hear a couple of bluegrass bands at Moe's Alley.   We didn't get home until 1.00 am, but since that was very early evening in Kapunda, I hoped that this might help with my future jetlag!

Saturday morning

Next morning it was off to breakfast with Inez at Kelly's on the Westside....  and here we are....

... and here is Inez's car....  really beautiful,  and its only done 60,000 miles!   (with Kelly's in the background)

By chance, today has the first really big waves of the season and the Coldwater Classic is being held in Santa Cruz this weekend...  so Louise,  Fiona and I went to see the waves....   and saw a surfer get the first "perfect ten" of the competition.

The waves were really spectacular at Steamer's Lane....

... and mine was not the only camera out there....

... and there were a few other spectators also....   this is around towards the lighthouse....

avian specators too......


I am just preparing for the trip home... and I will be in Brisbane by Sunday evening!

No comments: