Saturday, 28 November 2009

Stormy weather

John and I had to go to Adelaide again today.  The weather prediction was for rain, but as we left, having had 1mm overnight,  the sun was shining and the wind was blowing.

By the time we got to Adelaide, it was stormy and raining "cats and dogs."

All day,  as we sat in various meetings and so on,  I was wondering whether the garden was being inundated with rain or just blown away...

We left the city to drive home, again through driving rain and still wondering whether we had had any at all at home.

Well,  the guage says 8.5mm,  the mess over the roads indicates that we have had a lot of wind, and the electricity is off!  
John is reading the newspaper by candle light....


...but I am using the computer...  writing this blog....

... with my laptop and my telstra wireless modem with its flashing blue light!

1 comment:

Fiona (posts by her mum and dad) said...

I bet that's what they did in the olden days...blog by candlelight.
:)