Friday, 20 November 2009

Synchronicity

I don't really know whether this is synchronicity or not,  but today I turned over the calendar to November (finally!) and found this picture...


... this is a lithograph called "Cross current" by Ningeokuluk Teevee in 2005.  She is an Inuk writer and artist from Cape Dorset, where printmaking has become an important artistic skill.  Cape Dorset is near the southern tip of Baffin Island in Nunavut, Canada.

 I took a photograph at the Monterey Bay aquarium a few weeks ago....

... and they remind me of each other.  It makes me want to make a painting or a print of my own,  but I don't usually paint from photographs... I need to learn a new skill.

3 comments:

Fiona (posts by her mum and dad) said...

You do know that we're in the end part of november....and you just turned the page....lol.
time flies.
Love,
Louise

Jane said...

I wasn't here for some of it... and jet lagged for some and then busy with meetings... I didn't look at the numbers under the picture until a day or so ago... just shows how un-anal I am :)

John L said...

Same here (I think).