Wednesday, 4 November 2009

Tuesday

It's been a busy and disorganised couple of days as I begin to get ready to return to the Kapunda garden.  There have been a few family issues to take care of and last minute shopping, visiting and organisation to do before leaving here.
With Fiona is school today,  Louise and I spent some of the day doing some errands...  both of us now suffering from the "preschool cold" that is going around.  The day has felt more like summer than approaching winter... in fact we have had warm and sunny days for the past week or more, and no fog.
I am also trying to stay up late to begin to change my time again...  I don't do jetlag very well and I'll need to "hit the ground running" as they say, when I get to Australia.
I had planned to "travel light" all the way on this trip,  but with the few books that I have bought, a sketch book or two and some beautiful aquarelle pencils,  a few gifts,  a couple of second hand shop purchases and so on,  I have decided to buy an extra suitcase rather than pay postage on packages to send anything home.  The suitcase cost me $8.  Louise found 10c inside it as she cleaned it out,  so the cost was really $7.90.  There's not much I can send for that!

The latest weather indications are that the weather will be around 26 - 27 (around 80F) while I'm in Brisbane.  At the same time it will be 35 - 37 (95 - 98F) in Adelaide, and no doubt even hotter further north in Kapunda.  It will be an interesting transition.

No comments: