Sunday, 6 December 2009

Sunday afternoon at Toowong

Alex went off to work early this morning, so Chris and I did some organising around home.  He had to start work by noon also,  so I dropped him off and continued over to visit with the kids in Toowong.  They had gone to the shop just as I arrived,  but I was greeted by tow turkeys... this one had been on the table on the deck and had spilled the craft materials all over the floor....

This turkey had pooed all over the place also... they come into the house if you're not careful,  and they poo all over there too!
By the time I had cleaned that up, Loretta and the children were back again.  We had morning and afternoon tea,  water melon and lamingtons and played silly games all afternoon...
... there were "performances,  mostly involving play acting with swords....


... and a lot of chasing...


... Lorretta pushing Oliver on the tyre swing....


... Annie announcing that, as queen,  she owns all of the rocks here!


... Oliver repairing swords....


... Charlotte making gifts for her friends for Christmas (I have one also!)


... more performances,  and I  think that Annie might need to join the circus, as ringmaster!


... arm wrestling...


and push ups!

...  a pretty quiet day in many ways,  but it was so good to spend time with the children.

Eventually I had a phone call from Chris... could I pick him up from work?   It was late and we were all tired (still recovering from the previous day,  I think)  so I left the children with Lorretta (their other grandmother) and did my "mother" job,  picking up Chris and arriving "home" at Auchenflower within the hour.
I made dinner from the odds and ends that were in the fridge...  a real "student-style spag bol" and Chris made the salad.  Alex walked to the shop to get some Bundy ginger ale, and we are all having an early night ready for the start of a new work week.  It's been a wonderful weekend.

No comments: