Monday, 22 February 2010

Mt Light

the Belladonna lilies are up all over the place...  also called Easter lilies or Naked ladies... lovely all the same....
,



Dinner tonight was made from left over salad from yesterday...  I dropped it all in with the beans, some extra garlic and salsa,  and we had beans on toast for dinner....

I was preparing dinner tonight,  and I looked at the different kind of kitchen that I work in.  The beans were on the wood stove and cooking, and I was washing up....
.... in this picture (below) you can see the kitchen sink and beneath it, are an assortment of bits of cooking equipment,  and the bucket (the metal Frytol one) to collect water in... the water pretty much grows our potatoes...  we do have plumbing,  but most of the water goes out in the bucket.


Stained glass
The next picture is of the stained glass above the front door... this was not a "trendy up-market" house... and this must have been the simplest and most humble stained glass panel ever made....  but I wonder what the original owners thought....  pretty trendy for Kapunda of the day...

I was doing a lot of cleaning up today and I came across this "half- finished" painting from some time ago....   I like it.  It is a painting of Mt Light, and it reminds me of Cezanne's paintings of the mountain near to his house...  here ... different,   but equally stylised.   He has other paintings of the same mountain that have the same geometric look to them too.
I made the painting from a sketch done several years ago....  Mt Light (below)... and this is an ink sketch done au pleine aire...  my favourite way to work....

Mt Light.

1 comment:

Fiona (posts by her mum and dad) said...

The green mountain one reminds me of georgia okeffe, calm and smooth.
Love
Louise