Tuesday, 30 March 2010

Full moon

The last full moon that I photographed was the full moon that occurred on Dec 31st,  making it a blue moon (second one for the month) and it seemed to be very far North from where it appears tonight.
The interesting thing is that I can tell from the trees and where the photograph was taken from just how far the direction of the rising moon has changed.  The current direction is at least 60 degrees further to the East than it was back in December.
Full moon must have been at about mid-day today,  but the moon tonight is beautiful....
... seen here across the neighbour's yard....
I could see the shadowy shapes on the surface,  though they don't show well with this little camera....
To the west is the last glow of the sun....
... an the well known silhouettes of my trees....
Back again to the east and the moon is rising high in the sky....
I had thought about writing a blog about some of the worries of the world,  but the moon distracted me :)

No comments: