Sunday, 28 March 2010

Rain 6mm!

This morning it began to rain.   The plants look beautiful....
                              .... broccoli.....
.... red russian kale....
....  oak leaf lettuce....
..... cos lettuce....
.... red lettuce....
... and I checked the plants that I had transplanted just the day before... chicory and kale....
... and here are the blood lilies....  still only five....
I checked out to see how deep the water had penetrated... less than an inch, and when I raked the top over,  the dust rose!  You can see the wet part where it sticks together... the dry dust is underneath.
So,  off I went to check the rain guage.....
....... 6mm.....
By this afternoon,  the sky had cleared....
... the freezer is getting low... broccoli....
... and roosters....  (and a couple of bags of tomatoes as well.)
Back to the house and the sky is getting redder and redder....  red sky at night,  shepherd's delight (no rain!)
... more red sky....
... even in the east....  red sky.  I wonder when it will rain again.