Wednesday, 21 April 2010

The rain is gone

Outside this morning,  the sky is clear....
... the garden soggy... (though I should get the washing dry today)...  it's amazing what 2mm of rain can do.

... and so I went to check my lilies with the funnel leaves....
... and several of them have these little pools of rain water in the "funnel"   I know that there are other plants in the world that do this,  mostly rainforest plants,  but this is one of the few in my yard.

The broccoli plants are all designed to run the water towards their stalks as well,  but the water drops on the leaves are amazing...

I went for a quick trip around the yard and found these damp flowers....
... and the wattle that is beginning to flower is dripping as well....

The raindrops reminded me of this...
This is a real elk that is covered with glass "bubbles."  (Scroll down here to read about it.)  Like these...
... and here is another close-up picture with the artist behind the bubbles...

No comments: