Thursday, 13 May 2010

Today was a big day in the garden.
This morning I began by cutting a lot more of the kurrajong tree...  this is the one that Andrew cut the big branches from (leaving the tree house) and ever since,  I have been cutting the leafy bits for a compost/kindling pile and the bigger bits for firewood.
Andrew cut this down some time ago...  in April,  from memory...
... by now the tree looks like this...
... you can't tell from here, but the green shoots are already coming out around the treehouse.
The pile of wood on the western side is big...
... but there's more.   There's a pile of wood on the other side and a lot more to go.

Next I made the edge of the new broad bean patch with some really big rocks...  wheelbarrowing rocks and soil around was the "midde job for today.

I have also "taken out" the butterfly bush that overgrew the clothesline.  It's rather sad to cut such a huge bush from the yard, but  it had been planted there some years ago,  and in a most inappropriate place.  After I'd removed it,  I sat and watched the spoggies looking for their roosting spot.  Some of them even flew in fast and furious,  looking for the spot, only to be foiled...  and flying on to the nearest geranium bush or scrawny shrub that had lost the battle with that huge buddleia.  No pictures... I was too tired after I'd finished to take any... tomorrow!
As I was writing this, a skink ran across the kitchen floor...
... poor little thing... it ran under the cupboard with the sink... I was lucky to get the picture.

No comments: