Wednesday, 23 June 2010

Chloe and sunshine...

Today, as I walked back from the local government meeting,  I saw the "sun" that is suspended above Federation Square.  I don't know how I missed it the other day....
It looks interesting the daylight....
I went with a friend for dinner at the pub on the corner... Young and Jackson....  and realised that this was the pub with the "Chloe" (and here) painting....   and so I went to see her after we had eaten.  She was painted in 1875 and hung in the bar for many years.  She is upstairs now...

I walked back via the Federation Square sun again....
... even more amazing in the dark!

2 comments:

Fiona (posts by her mum and dad) said...

I did a second take at the sun picture...It looked like a full moon and I know we're not there yet, Could melbourne be so far removed?

HAve fun. Love,
Louise

Jane said...

... except that it's "hanging" just above the buildings! and it changes colour every few minutes!