Monday, 7 June 2010

Cold weather and feeling rather ill

I have had a very slow weekend because of a bad cold... I'm annoyed,  because I don't have time for such things,  but as I'm now "on the mend"  I don't want to think about it any more.

After sitting by the fire for  a couple of miserable days, and finally getting outside in the cold clear air today,  I went all around the place to see how it was all going.  I dug a few potatoes for dinner (another 1.5 lbs) and some broccoli, cauliflower and green leafy bits and pieces to go with dinner.
I also decided to plant the few things that I had had sitting and waiting for the perfect spot.  The baby curry leaf tree...
... this is near where the pond will be one of these days.

I planted three more lavender plants (English lavender, for perfume.)

Then on down to the front yard.  The sour sobs are doing really well,  though they haven't flowered all over yet...  the track is worn by the dogs....

... and from right down at the front of the house,  but looking back towards the front verandah.... a veritable jungle with weeds galore!

And again from further east....  showing the big kurrajong tree beside the house... a jungle yard!

However,  back around to the vegetable garden....
leeks, stocks, broccoli,  celery and more...

...  and back to my favourite lemon verbena...  beautiful perfume...
... it's looking amazing at the moment and I'm not looking forward to the eventual frost that might make it drop leaves and flowers.

The vegetables here look really good and I am going to have to think about how to preserve some (rather than feed them to the chickens).... we are eating well, but always thinking about the future.
I am still waiting for the miserable cold to be gone, and I  can get back to work!

1 comment:

Fiona (posts by her mum and dad) said...

Here's to you feeling better soon. It sure is a jungle out there!
Love
Louise