Saturday, 17 July 2010

Election announcement, bread, jam and soup....

Today the Prime Minister announced that we would be having an election on August 21st,  as I have already commented upon.  I need to get out to put corflutes (posters) up in a number of towns in the electorate.  The problem for me was that I had already soaked the dried apricots to make jam and they just had to be cooked.  We had run out of bread and so I needed to get that made also and, of course dinner needs to be prepared.
I took this photograph of my kitchen the other day... when it was more or less clean and tidy.
Here is is tonight with a newly baked loaf of bread,  the dirty jam pan and jars of jam and a heap of dirty dishes....
The soup is cooking and the basket of greens consists of the "pot herbs" to add in a little while.  I haven't put the coreflutes up yet.....  tomorrow!
I wonder how many of the male candidates for the election had to make sure that the family had food prepared and kitchen under control....

Today I found the first of my bluebell bulbs emerging....
... and I can't wait until they flower.  (They are currently about 1cm tall!)

Once again.... the jonquils are perfuming the whole yard....   still.

No comments: