Monday, 19 July 2010

Garden food

After a very foggy cold morning, and 3mm of rain overnight,  we have a beautiful sunny day.  It is still cold, but the garden is doing well.... not much in the way of frost!  Even the potato plants are looking ok.  I have been out for a cold walk around the wet and muddy paths.

This morning I found another different jonquil....

... and some fungi on the fallen wood, reminding me of Paul Stamets' 2008 talk at TED.

The next crop is sure to be cabbage.  (I love it fried.)

After that, we'll be waiting for the spring,  and broad beans....

There is till plenty of food in the garden here....

.... and here....

I have cleaned up the kitchen this morning,  and just as I'd finished, I noticed a feather on the kitchen bench....
... around here,   there's no way that you could forget where the eggs come from.

No comments: