Saturday, 28 August 2010

Mt Gambier Library

I have been to a conference in Mt Gamber.  I even mentioned it on facebook before I left,  and so the librarian from our library in Kapunda suggested that I visit the one in Mt Gambier if I had the chance... and so I did....
....from outside it is very modern and spectacular....
The design includes re-use of the water from the roof of the building to supply these trees and some other deciduous varieties in the "plaza" space.

Inside,  the facilities are beautiful....
.... (the photographs are a bit dodgy because they are taken with my phone,  my camera having finally spat the dummy!)  however,  I really like the lighting effect.
This is the childrens area...  with tables for craft activities etc, and sliding glass doors, making the space look quite open, and yet no doubt the noise level is reduced....

Plenty of people using computers.... and as I walked past,   I noticed everything from computer games, blogs and search engines.

Further to the right was the area where the newspapers and magazine readers sat in comfortable chairs with music playing.  The music appeared to be coming from behind a partition...  so off I went....
...  the coffee shop!  
I am so glad to have visited the library and would like to thank my facebook friend for the opportunity,  for without it,  I would never have found it!


No comments: