Thursday, 19 August 2010

Thursday already!

This week has been busy with the election (voting is only two days away) and council meetings and workshops.  The Council is busy due to the approaching election there as well, and the rush to get some business done before we go into "caretaker mode."

It has been cold today,  but I did get out to see how the garden is managing while it is being so neglected.  The most exciting new plant is this....

...  look carefully,  and there are some tiny green leaves...  sugar beet babies!  (These are up before hte carrots, kale and beetroot planted at the same time.)

During the week I had time to get to the community garden.  I hadn't been there for quite a while.  it is looking wonderful and I'll show some more later,   but I couldn't resist showing this little guy amongst the flowering rocket (arugula)....
Apparently one of the people who works in the garden brought him in.  I hope he helps with the working bees :-)

No comments: