Friday, 29 October 2010

Cactus, Black pearl lilies and potato flowers.

I have been away from home overnight, attending the Local government meeting.  Yesterday morning, the first cactus flower was out and the perfume was in the air all over the yard....
 ... these are beautiful flowers and they always seem to just suddenly appear....  in fact there were a lot of other buds as well....  I even took a photograph of those as well....
 As I left Adelaide this afternoon to come home,  it was raining.  We have had quite a bit of rain already and I have been to check that the water is all runnig into the tanks.
But look at the flowers now... that is the same patch and many of those buds are now open....
 The flowers are all spangled with rain drops.....

I went to pick the broad beans.... two days worth!  But I also found this....  a "Black pearl lily" (also known as "Arab's eye")  which is Ornithogallum arabicum.
 .... and the first of the potato plants is flowering... this is a coliban variety.

1 comment:

lbc flower delivery said...

Lovely flowers! This is the first time I saw a flower like that. Anyway, thanks for sharing this post. I enjoyed reading it.

-yumi-