Tuesday, 30 November 2010

Flowers, chickens and a white spider....

It's good to be able to put pictures on the blog again.  I've been waiting to find a dark centred calendula too, and so here is the photograph, taken today.  The flowers are smaller than the other all-yellow ones,  but they are still my favourites.

The lilies are producing more and more flowers and the perfume is quite noticeable now.  These are not the ones with the strongest perfume,  but with all of these flowers,  the yard is smelling like lilies here.... cacts flowers at the other end of the yard.
 The chickens are growing fast.  The pale ones that must be going to be mottled and brown, by the look of them, seem much more advanced than the black ones...  those only seem to have fluffy wings so far...
 ... none of them match the foster mothers,  I think.

I've been looking for the vegetable flowers too...these are carrot flowers... and these are beautifully perfumed....
 .... fennel....
 ... "cornflower blue" endive flowers....

... cucumber flowers....

... beans (borlotti/romano)....

...zucchini....

... kale....

... Chinese broccoli (gai lan)

>>> and as I was looking at the parsley flowers, I found this white spider....
 I've never seen one like this before and I can't find one online.  I don't know what kind of spider it is, but it looks beautiful.  (It's still out there.)

And fever few,  the herb....

I am just boiling up the last rooster from the freezer, for rooster soup....  which is kind of like chicken noodle soup, but not quite.

1 comment:

Tiff Elizabeth said...

I was curious if you ever found out what kind of spider it is. I found one today and was curious if it's harmful.