Monday, 20 December 2010

Jess's last day

It's a sad day here.  Jess has been very sick and died today.  Here she is in a photo about three years ago... waiting for me to throw the ball!
But this is how she's spent the last few days....
 ... an seeing the difference in these two pictures makes me feel better that she's not so sick any more.

In the pond, I noticed a lily leaf detatched from the plants yesterday.... and today there are several.  I hadn't seen how this happened until today.
 Here are two Adelaide rosellas bathing around the plants.  They are quite violent in the bathing!  The picture looks fuzzy as it's taken from the kitchen window...  quite a view!


I went out to cut some brnches from a feral olive tree for the goat, and found this as I was clipping away...
 ... four baby birds...   so I want out to make sure that they had a parent back after I left (I didn't need any more deaths around here today)...
The mother starling was back.

We've had more than an inch of rain (unseasonable) in the past few days,  so I don't need to water or attend to much in the garden today.  I had pumped water from the "shed tanks" to the "house tank" yesterday, so I feel as though I can have a quiet day today.  I'm glad of that.

2 comments:

Tanya Boracay said...

It sad to hear that your dog need to left you, just like what they did when i have pet liked you.

Just like to share with you a beautiful quote...

"You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life" - Albert Camus

You can get more happiness quotes at http://www.quotelandia.com/category/Happiness

Jane said...

Thankyou Tanya,
It was a sad day, but inevitable.
Jess was in pain and it is better that she is no longer suffering.