Monday, 6 December 2010

More garden fauna.... including locusts

Once again, I went out this morning to see how "my" ladybirds were going.  There were plenty!
And only one of the spiders was around....
 ... while I was there,   it pounced on a fly and had a meal....
 ... amazing sight....

Then I found a whole new beetle, and I'm not sure what this one is....
 It is sitting on the Brahmi, making it easier to see...
 ... and it has a spotted tummy too....


 By this afternoon, when I was out checking on the chickens again (they are fine) I began to be dive bombed by locusts.   They are flying all over the place and hard to photograph, though I was able to get a couple of pictures....
 ... this one is quite tiny....
 ... older...
 ... interesting...

... and here you can see one flying towards the tank (which still has my name on it!)  They are quite thick out there... flying...  but hard to focus on!
Out in the street, there is more locust traffic than cars!

2 comments:

Tanundapiper said...

I think your locusts have moved to Tanunda. Lots of them this morning!

Jane said...

We still have some here too... I rode my bike down to the main street and they hurt when they hit your face! I ran over a few also... I'm not sure what will make them move on.