Monday, 3 January 2011

Ordinary day

I have been sitting around today thinking about what has happened that is worthy of reporting here.  It's been a good day.  I have spent time with Gertrude, cut the hair of a family member, gathered vegetables, had a cup of coffee out by the pond (there are two goldfish in there to watch) done the washing, then retreated inside to watch the first day of the last cricket match of the Ashes series (while knitting some more of my winter jacket) and then I lit the fire to cook dinner...  not the most exciting day,  I suppose,  but isn't this the way that most people in the world live their lives.

And so I went for a walk around the garden, and this is what I found....  leek flower...
 the last lily....
 ... and the oregano is flowering....
....  all fairly ordinary in the scheme of things,  but interesting nevertheless.

No comments: