Thursday, 31 March 2011

Clothes-line goat

One of Gertrude's main jobs here is to keep the weeds down around the clothes liine.  I don't like getting my feet wet when the grass is wet, or getting grass seeds in my socks when it's dry.  Gertrude does a good job....
 She has also trimmed the jasmine.  You can see the lower part of it well trimmed compared with the part that she can barely reach, though I have seen her standing on her two balc legs to reach the flowers that are up high.
 We also have a kelpie who keeps her under surveilance much of the time... busy goat and busy dog!


I went outside with my glass of wine, and Gertrude came for a head scratch, a tummy rub and a back scratch....


But mostly she ate a lot of grass....

I put a piece of metal in the way of her vision so that she couldn't see my autumn crocusses... she would have loved them....


Potatoes that I missed when I dug them up last season are growing and they are very healthy.  I am sure that it is better to grow them at this time of the year rather than planting them before the spring when rainfall is likely to be less.


Flowers have grown well this year... it rained a little bit during the past couple of months and so I have echinacea...
 asian lily plants that I discovered last year?  Not sure.
 Blood lilies....
 My dark centred calendula
 and cosmos... beautiful flowers that are "going mad" right now.  I hope that they self seed.

And the plant that I was so worried about before the sumer....
... the curry leaf tree.  It's been a wetter than usual summer, and it has done well. 

No comments: