Friday, 1 April 2011

Friday night

It has been a busy day and I have been painting at the studio.

By now, late on Friday,  I am in the kitchen, and life is good...  the computer, the kitchen and the bookshelf..
 .... the stove is alight... steak sandwiches or tomatoes and basil toasts (bruchetta?) for dinner... all cooked on the fire...
.... wine on the table....

I've been spinning on this wheel....
 ...a whole spool of alpaca wool.... (crappy photo?)
... I need to make two ply yarn that won't drift to the side when it is knitted  (like single spun yarn) and I'll update this later.
More of that later, but the vegetable garden is doing well....  pumpkins, tomatoes and zucchinis....
 ... and what I don't have growing,  I buy locally.  These apples and pears are all local (from Kapunda gardens)  and odd, with blemishes, bumps and differing sizes.   But they taste good, didn't travel far and keep us healthy.

No comments: