Saturday, 1 October 2011

October, Alex's 27th birthday.

It's been a very busy week.  We did get more than 30mm of rain though and the garden is looking really happy.

I have begun to plant the spring vegetables, though there is still quite a bit to go.  Today I planted tomatoes, basil, some more broccoli, beans and I've transplanted some zucchini plants.... and then I collected the vegetables for dinner....
 ....one mangel worzel, some carrots, broccoli and broad beans and four artichokes.   Now to decide what we will eat....  I have a piece of meat from a local, grass fed steer that was killed in the Kapunda abbattoir and sold to me in the local butcher's shop.  Perhaps it will be pot roasted with the vegetables and served with broccoli and broad beans.

I had a friend out there too.....
... she was puffing up to make herself bigger, and hissing at me with her blue tongue out,  but I wasn't afraid and found her a safe spot under the weeds and rocks.  My good deed for the day.

1 comment:

Fiona (posts by her mum and dad) said...

looks like she likes the warm black plastic...why cover it up?