Monday, 7 November 2011

busy week

I came back to my blog today, only to be surprised that it ia a week since I've posted!  I have been planting spring vegetables, re-organising my pond & my spare room and spending longer hours at work because there is much to be done there as well.  The broad beans are finished and the artichokes are almost over as well.
I have planted tomatoes, potatoes, some more "greens" and the green pepper plants that have survived since last year are flowering already. Plenty of herbs, a few beets and carrots, but I'm looking forward to the new season summer vegetables.

The cactuses have been flowering profusely.....  so many flowers.....
 ... and in the mornings, the bees are out as well....  taking advantage of the nectar and pollen....

There is more to do,  but I have also been working on my house.  It has been necessary to remove graffiti from the walls of a bedroom that is to be used shortly....    it began like this....
so far, much of the room has five coats of paint and now it looks like this....  (the "BitcH" in the photo is still there....  especially the "C")
.... almost gone,  but I've used a lot of paint!  Who would have thought that it would be so hard to cover over.
The new "guest room" will soon be ready for visitors!

I have also been working on my pond...  photos of that are coming soon.

1 comment:

Fiona (posts by her mum and dad) said...

Looking forward to seeing the pond pics. Looks likes just a bit more paint over the graffiti.