Wednesday, 30 November 2011

The colours of summer....

On the way home form work today I stopped to look at the landscape.... this photograph is actually taken looking back towards Nuriootpa in the Barossa.  This is what my daily communte looks like....
 The canola is long gone,   but the grain is ripening and being harvested as quickly as possible.....  
 ....  but it is the colours that I like at this time of year... summer colours....
 everywhere.....
 except on the other side of the road where the vinyards are irrigated and green.
I wonder how long this will be possible, as water becomes more scarce.

2 comments:

Meeka said...

Nice pics, time for a weekend drive up north with the kids I reckon! :)

Jane said...

It is just beautiful, if you like the summer colours.... check out the road from Kapunda to Truro (this one... and this bit is near Koonunga Hill) or my favourite road.... from Dutton to Eudunda.