Sunday, 27 November 2011

Gazebo? or not?

I have done some work on the pond this morning, in particular, making the platform at the "kitchen end" of the pond.  My plan is to feed the fish in the mornings so that they become a bit more visible.
 There are five fish that survived the move to the bath tub and back while I modified the pond....  and you can just see them here....


I have been thinking about a gazebo for some time.   My idea is to have a kind of pavilion in the garden where I can sit outside and read during the warm weather.  Then today,  I wonder whether I really need one.....  today, having done some work on the pond,  I was sitting out under this olive tree with my book....
 ... my view of Gertrude is quite good as well.  (She likes my company, even when I am reading.)
 My view of the pond is pretty good....
 .... and here is Gertrude clearing the leaves that she can reach....
 ... and again.....
Perhaps I don't need a "proper" gazebo after all.  Perhaps people without trees are trying to provide this kind of shady comfort when they build gazebos...  though in a few weeks time,  when the flies are even worse,  I might want a screened pavilion to spend some time out there.

No comments: