Friday, 9 December 2011

Best bronzewing picture

Today I went out looking for a cuckoo that I heard,  but never did see.   However,  having got my "eye in" yesterday,  I found the Bronzewing without any difficulty at all.  They ar every apprehensive about people compared with the other birds around here,  but I photographed this male bird quite easily....
 .... in this first photograph, there is a definite yellow puffy patch on the forehead... that makes it a male....
... and in the second picture you can easily se the multicoloured feathers and stripes down his back.  I suppose the female is sitting on eggs.  There are usually two birds around, but I can't see her.  They are both in my yard though, and both call in the same way at times.   I'll keep looking, but if only they knew that I wasn't going to interfere, with them,  and that I have forgone fruit trees to preseve their habitat here.

No comments: