Thursday, 8 December 2011

Bronzewing

I have been hearing a Bronzewing pigeon for some weeks.  Their sound is very distinctive, it begins at about 4.30 am in the morning and goes until dark (nearly 9pm lately.)  As it was getting dark this evening, I saw it.....
 ... and I realise that this is not the best photograph in the world,  I am just so pleased to have found the Bronzewing.

Earlier in the day I had been photographing a young red wattle bird around the pond.....
 .... it was very funny......
 .....  it didn't like the bees around the lily pads......
 ... but here, if you look carefully,   you can see the red wattles... just tiny,  but they are there.


And here is a baby blackbird, learning to catch earwigs....
 ..... this year is a BIG earwig year..... so the blackbirds had better get on with it.
The garden is not doing so well at the moment....  hot, earwigs and less attention than usual.... at least the birds are doing their part.

No comments: