Wednesday, 7 December 2011

Eggs

This may not be an exciting picture to many, but this is the first day on which I have retrieved 4 eggs from the chickens.....
.... since the night of the fox I have had to deal with stressed hens and a lack of eggs.  I now have only four hens (prior to the fox in the henhouse, I had 13 + one wierd rooster) and significantly less eggs than usual.  Today is the first day that I have found four eggs in the nestbox.  That means that even the black hen is laying eggs.  She is the one who sat for two weeks without moving....  here she is when I first saw her roosting... a couple of weeks ago....
The production of four eggs today means that she is back "on the lay" and hopefully happier.  She was the first out of the pen when they came out to deal with my earwig problem today....  a turnaround!

No comments: