Sunday, 4 March 2012

Kapunda and districts

After my work in the garden today, I spent some time at the studio... a bit of a cleanup,   but I was determined to make one drawing at least, which I did, and then I did have a look around the neighbourhood.

Looking across from the studio gate,  there were a whole group of steers, no doubt in their last home before they become steak....
 ...  not a bad place to wander around though.....


On the way back towards kapunda, the tree that I have painted before had a tractor beside it....  the rain has brought out the machines all over the place, getting ready for planting....

On to the Barossa and some errands there, and I saw these lambs, two of them,  with their mother ewe....
 ...  following along behind her....

Then on the way home, I passed the site of the old orphanage. Only recently I cound the painting that I made of it some years ago (the orphanage, that is... before the Catholic Church demolished it)....
 ..... sad to think that the girls grafitti is gone forever.... it ooked like this....

... and on towards Kapunda....
 The colours at the end of summer are so very different from how it will look when we get some rain.

No comments: