Monday, 23 April 2012

A change in the weather for Fiona's birthday.

This morning is the first cold and windy morning of autumn.  We have had a total of 5mm of rain over the past two days and the wind has made it unpleasant to be outside.  This morning the sun is shining and, though it is still cold, the birds are busy.

I fed the goats, the chickens and the fish and as I walked back into the house, I saw the galahs sunning themselves in their favourite gum tree....
 .... I had to go inside to find my camera, and quite a few of them flew off.   There were still quite a number though....
....  and I couldn't help but imagine that they were sunning themselves to warm up after a shower of rain a couple of hours earlier.

I am happy inside with my coffee and the kitchen fire alight.


No comments: