Monday, 2 April 2012

Sunday afternoon & Peaceful Dove

Yesterday afternoon I sat out by the pond watching the fish.  There are ten of them and I have been feeding them daily, getting them used to coming near to the surface of the water, raather than remaining cryptically under the lily leaves or in the deeper water.  I try to count them and usually I see them all.
Yesterday, as I sat there I saw a pair of Bronzewings grazing on the open ground and then had to chase a pair of crested pigeons that were eating my swede seedlings!   Exciting times!

Back inside, I saw a couple of different birds by the water....
 .... there were two of them.....
 .... and I am sure now that they were Peaceful doves.....
... and I have only seen these lately and along with several other species, they seem very well attracted to water.

No comments: