Sunday, 21 October 2012

Kapunda Celtic Music Festival 2012

I attend the music festival every year, and this year was no exception.  I love live music, and it (almost) doesn't matter which genre it belongs to,  i love to see people making music in the real world.  This doesn't mean to say that I don't enjoy recorded music and that I don't download whatever I want from iTunes,  but I really love live music.  Today that was re-inforced wonderfully.
I went to the Kapunda Celtic Music Festival... free music in my own town.  Yesterday I saw the Fiddle Chicks and a couple of other groups... they were wonderful.. and today... the Bearded Gypsy Band!
I hadn't even planned to take photographs,  but these are too good...

The venue is a tent in Hill Street....  and a bit precarious at times...  though the weather was kind today...

... the mandoline player...
 ... and then he played the violin....

The bass player sang... the song was one that he had written....

The guitarist was amazing....


and the drummer (apparently the drummer varies at times)...she was not only incredibly competent,  but  obviously enjoyed her role as well.  I know that the performers' enjoyment is probably not the point of  the event,  but it certainly shows and adds to the audience's pleasure....

The fiddler/mandoline performer was the most intersting though... dancing through his performance in sock clad feet....  notice the blue and yellow striped sock here....
 announcing items and playing beautifully.

No comments: