Friday, 26 July 2013

Feels like spring, but it can't be... that's when you need the Digger's catalogue!

It has been warm and dry today.  All of the washing is dry,  the air smells like spring and my knees are dirty from weeding the onion patch.

The Watsonia is lovely... the flowers open is a series along the stem....

... and eventually they all open... all along the stem....
 ... the bees and the honeyeaters like them... they must have plenty of nectar, though no noticeable perfume.
Each flower is tiny and fragile....
 ... and the "forest" of leaves are beautiful too....
 ... I have tried making paper from them,  marginally successful last time,  but I will try again this year.

But now to the seed catalogue....
....  with a warm afternoon, leftovers from last year and the seeds that I've collected in my own garden it is time to think about my Diggers order (oh, and a glass of wine.)

No comments: