Tuesday, 3 December 2013

Summer is early...

My posts are definitely less frequent in recent weeks.  I think that this is because, as the seasons pass,  it seems that I am doing the same things each year… and there's not a lot to add.  There is some truth in that,  though every year is a little different from the others and it is becoming obvious that the summer season is moving earlier and earlier each year.   I have already picked the first tomato.  (I didn't photograph it… I popped it straight into my mouth!)  It was a yellow, pear shaped variety,  and the bush is going to have a lot more very soon when these ripen…
 … and then there are more….   tigerella...
 …. and roma tomatoes that are just beginning to set fruit…..

The beans are beginning to grow….
 … these are "purple king" and I planted these earliest…. but there are a few more varieties as well.

Dinners are still mostly from the garden….  tabouli...
(though I bought the tomato at the market last Saturday.)

No comments: