Wednesday, 5 July 2017

Not much rain, late season and where to from here....

I have just posted a "half written" bit from over a month ago.  It's not because I have nothing to say,  but because I seem to have "gone off on a tangent" as far as what is happening in the garden, the house and everything.  There is the issue that "life has got in the way" as I am now a carer for my aged mother....  having just (almost) relinquishing care of my youngest son.  He seems to be doing well, and my mother seems to be needing more effort on my part.  I hadn't anticipated this.
The garden is running late this year.  It has been a very dry autumn and so I planted seeds and seedlings later than usual.  It isn't a serious problem,  but it is fairly extreme.  Facebook has made the delay even more obvious.  The "this day last year' memories that the app enables makes it all so obvious.  Instead of the jonquil flowers that I am being shown of this day last year,  the bulbs are only now emerging from the soil....


I have planted most of the usual winter crops,  and those have needed supplementary watering...  in June!  For the whole month, we had only 18mm of rain.  
 Broad beans.....

..... and an assortment of brassicas.
I have also been writing, as usual,  a diary of sorts,  and so I may begin to include some of those thoughts here....  though it may end up being an essay on "why I am an introvert" rather than a garden monologue.

No comments: